Academic year: 2021/2022
Type: Double Bachelor's Degree (PCEOG)
ECTS Credits: 300
Length of programme (full time): 5 YEARS
Mode of delivery: Face-to-face
Model of study: Full-time (42-60 ECTS per school year)
Academic Information for mobility students
Language(s) of instruction Spanish
More info: programme website
Name: VERA, FERRÓN VÍLCHEZ / firstname.lastname@example.orgMIFscges
School of Building Engineering / Granada campus
Faculty of Economics and Business / Granada campus
The Bachelor’s Degree in Building Engineering qualifies graduates to work with a high level of scientific and technical skill and social commitment, in the following processes related to the field of building construction: (a) public and private management; (b) production, project execution, and industry; (c) restoration, conservation, and exploitation; (d) research and teaching. In addition, this degree qualifies graduates for the professional activities listed in Ministerial Order ECI/3855/2007.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management qualifies graduates to create and manage a wide range of businesses. It also trains them to work in each of the following functional areas: production, human resources, funding, marketing, investments, administration, and accounting. Graduates are thus able to perform tasks related to administration, management, assessment, monitoring, and evaluation in companies at a general level or in any of their more specific areas. Furthermore, graduates will be able to perceive the relation of the various functional areas to the general objectives of the enterprise, and the relation of these objectives to the overall economic context. In this way, the professional activity of graduates will contribute to the smooth operation of the business as well as to more satisfactory results. More specifically, graduates will be able to identify and anticipate opportunities, allocate resources, organise information, select and motivate others, make decisions, attain objectives, and evaluate results.
1. Direct the implementation of construction projects and monitor their cost..
2. Manage production through the qualitative and quantitative control of construction materials, techniques and systems as well as the treatment of construction waste.
3. Draft, manage and/or audit studies and plans of occupational safety and health, and risk prevention in construction, and also coordinate related business activities.
4. Develop and/or monitor, in their field of competence, the technical projects needed to suitably implement building works.
5. Evaluate, determine, and draft the expert studies of technical aptitude and economic viability of buildings and land as well as formalise the appropriate documents.
6. Evaluate and certify the quality, energy efficiency, and sustainability in building construction and apply innovations stemming from information and communication technology (ICT).
7. Direct and manage the maintenance and operation of buildings; conduct studies of the life cycle of materials and construction systems; formulate emergency and evacuation plans
8. Intervene and/or provide technical advice in industrial processes related to production and manufacturing in the field of building construction.
9. Direct and manage real estate businesses, and hold the position of technical representative of real estate or land development companies in building works.
10. Work as a consultant and/or urban planning adviser in the private sector or manager and supervisor of urban development activities in the public administration.
1. Ability to manage and administer an enterprise or organisation, and to understand its competitive and institutional location and identify its strengths and weaknesses.
2. Ability to work in any functional area of an enterprise or organisation and to perform any type of management task.
3. Ability to use information systems to evaluate the situation and predict the evolution of an organisation, issue reports, and make decisions based on the information obtained.
4. Ability to plan and monitor the management of the enterprise as a whole or of any of its functional areas.
5. Leadership and management skills.
6. Understanding of the processes involved in the creation, innovation, and development of a business.
7. Initiative and entrepreneurship skills.
8. Understanding of business ethics.
– The student has to complete the ECTS credits of the study program distributed as follows:
Basic Formation (108 ECTS)
Obligatory (264 ECTS)
Practicum (6 ECTS)
Final degree project (18 ECTS)
Access to Bachelor’s Degree programmes is granted to students with the following degrees/ diplomas or studies, or any other recognized as equivalent to these:
A.1. Spanish Bachiller, European Baccalaureate or International Baccalaureate.
A.2. Baccalaureate from European Union Member States’ education systems or other countries withinternational agreements.
A.3. Advanced Technician in Vocational Training, Advanced Technician in Plastic Arts and Design orAdvanced Technician in Sports Education, from the Spanish Education System.
A.4.Studies carried out in European Union Member States or in other countries with international reciprocal agreements which meet the academic requirements in those States to access their university studyprogrammes.
A.5. Official Spanish university degrees of Diplomado, Arquitecto Técnico, Ingeniero Técnico, Licenciado, Arquitecto, Ingeniero, Graduado or Máster Universitario.
A.6. Partial (foreign or Spanish) university studies.
Access to Bachelor’s Degree programmes is also possible for:
B.1. People over twenty-five after successfully passing a specific access test.
B.2. People over forty with work or professional experience related to a university field of knowledge.
B.3. People over forty-five after successfully passing a specific access test.
Likewise, access to Bachelor’s Degree programmes is granted to:
C.1. People meeting the requirements to enter university according to the Spanish Education Systemregulations prior to Ley Orgánica 8/2013, of December 9.
In the Spanish university system, modules/courses are graded on a scale of 0 to 10 points with the following qualitative equivalence:
0-4,9: «suspenso»; 5-6,9: «aprobado»; 7-8,9: «notable»; 9-10: «sobresaliente». A special mention, «Matrícula de Honor» may be granted to up to 5% of the students in a group provided they have got a «sobresaliente». To pass a module/course is necessary to get at least 5 points.
In cases of recognition of ECTS, professional experience, cultural or sports activities, or student representation no grading will be recorded but, where appropriate, the word «Apto».
UGR Examination Regulations
More info on academic regulations at:
Use this form to provide suggestions or to report any errors or problems concerning the UGRCat website.