Academic year: 2021/2022
Type: Bachelor's Degree
ECTS Credits: 240
Length of programme (full time): 4 YEARS
Mode of delivery: Face-to-face
Level of qualification: Graduado(a) (MECES level 2 - EQF level 6)
Model of study: Full-time (42-60 ECTS per school year)
Academic Information for mobility students
Work-based learning (Practicum): Yes
Language(s) of instruction Spanish
More info: programme website
Name: FRANCISCO ANTONIO, SERRANO BERNARDO / fserber@ugr46hPvtCBLb.es
Faculty of Science / Granada campus
Field(s) of education and training (ISCED-F)
- Environmental sciences (0521)
The objectives of the Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science focus on the training of professionals with an integrated vision of environmental problems. This degree programme has the following objectives:
1) To train experts with an integrated knowledge of the scientific, technical, social, economic, and legal issues related to the environment from the perspective of sustainability.
2) To provide students with the technical capacity to carry out, evaluate, and collaborate in studies or technical documents related to the environmental management, quality, conservation, protection, diagnostics, and planning.
3) To give students access to work in teaching and scientific dissemination linked to the environment.
The graduate profile of this degree programme is related to the following activity fields:
– Consulting and environmental impact assessment.
– Environmental management in the administration.
– Environmental quality management systems in companies and organisations.
– Management of the natural environment.
– Training and environmental education.
– Environmental technology.
1. Have knowledge of the organisation levels of living organisms, use of mathematical tools, and the basic principles of physical, biological, geological, and chemical processes.
2. Acquire and apply knowledge of laboratory and instrumentation techniques applied to the environment.
3. Apply knowledge and analysis to meteorology, climate, and hydrogeology.
4. Know the features of biodiversity and the main ecosystems and habitat.
5. Manage and implement GIS and environmental management systems.
6. Perform economic valuations of natural resources from the perspective of sustainability.
7. Be familiar with environmental legislation and administration as well as the analysis of social processes and environmental policies.
8. Apply the integration of environmental health to the field of environmental risks.
9. Apply evaluation, recycling, energy management, territorial analysis, and water and atmosphere management skills.
10. Analyse natural resources of the environment and the sustainable management of natural spaces, rural, urban, and coastal areas.
11. Have knowledge of the economic aspects of companies and corporate social responsibility.
Name of title awarded in original language
Graduado o Graduada en Ciencias Ambientales
– The student must prove the level B1, in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
– The student has to complete the ECTS credits of the study program distributed as follows:
Basic Formation (72 ECTS)
Obligatory (120 ECTS)
Optional (42 ECTS)
Final degree project (6 ECTS)
Access to Bachelor’s Degree programmes is granted to students with the following degrees/ diplomas or studies, or any other recognized as equivalent to these:
A.1. Spanish Bachiller, European Baccalaureate or International Baccalaureate.
A.2. Baccalaureate from European Union Member States’ education systems or other countries withinternational agreements.
A.3. Advanced Technician in Vocational Training, Advanced Technician in Plastic Arts and Design orAdvanced Technician in Sports Education, from the Spanish Education System.
A.4.Studies carried out in European Union Member States or in other countries with international reciprocal agreements which meet the academic requirements in those States to access their university studyprogrammes.
A.5. Official Spanish university degrees of Diplomado, Arquitecto Técnico, Ingeniero Técnico, Licenciado, Arquitecto, Ingeniero, Graduado or Máster Universitario.
A.6. Partial (foreign or Spanish) university studies.
Access to Bachelor’s Degree programmes is also possible for:
B.1. People over twenty-five after successfully passing a specific access test.
B.2. People over forty with work or professional experience related to a university field of knowledge.
B.3. People over forty-five after successfully passing a specific access test.
Likewise, access to Bachelor’s Degree programmes is granted to:
C.1. People meeting the requirements to enter university according to the Spanish Education Systemregulations prior to Ley Orgánica 8/2013, of December 9.
In the Spanish university system, modules/courses are graded on a scale of 0 to 10 points with the following qualitative equivalence:
0-4,9: «suspenso»; 5-6,9: «aprobado»; 7-8,9: «notable»; 9-10: «sobresaliente». A special mention, «Matrícula de Honor» may be granted to up to 5% of the students in a group provided they have got a «sobresaliente». To pass a module/course is necessary to get at least 5 points.
In cases of recognition of ECTS, professional experience, cultural or sports activities, or student representation no grading will be recorded but, where appropriate, the word «Apto».
UGR Examination Regulations
More info on academic regulations at: