Academic year: 2021/2022
Type: Bachelor's Degree
ECTS Credits: 240
Length of programme (full time): 4 AÑOS
Mode of delivery: Face-to-face
Level of qualification: Graduado(a) (MECES level 2 - EQF level 6)
Model of study: Full-time (42-60 ECTS per school year)
Academic Information for mobility students
More info: programme website
Language(s) of instruction Spanish
Name: ÁNGEL, PUGA BERNABEU / angelpb@ugrUOPNutij.es
Faculty of Science / Granada campus
Field(s) of education and training (ISCED-F)
- Earth sciences (0532)
The Bachelor’s Degree in Geology provides students with broad training covering the full range of disciplines that make up the Earth Sciences. The study is geared toward the employment of graduates in the mining industry, management of geological resources and the environment, as well as in the field of education and science.
1. Understand the interactions between the lithosphere, hydrosphere, biosphere, and atmosphere throughout the history of the Earth and within the framework of present-day plate tectonics.
2. Know the formation processes of sedimentary, metamorphic, and igneous rocks and their minerals, as well as identify them in the field and in thin section.
3. Identify the principal fossils, their ages, and paleo-environments.
4. Know the different types of natural hazard and the methods used for their identification and evaluation.
5. Interpret existing geological maps and cross-sections and perform autonomous geological mapping in the field.
6. Understand geomorphological features and the landscape in general as the expression of interacting endogenous and exogenous geological processes.
7. Know the geological history of the Earth, and especially of the Iberian peninsula.
Name of title awarded in original language
Graduado o Graduada en Geología
– The student must prove the level B1, in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
– The student has to complete the ECTS credits of the study program distributed as follows:
Basic Formation (60 ECTS)
Obligatory (108 ECTS)
Optional (60 ECTS)
Final degree project (12 ECTS)
Access to Bachelor’s Degree programmes is granted to students with the following degrees/ diplomas or studies, or any other recognized as equivalent to these:
A.1. Spanish Bachiller, European Baccalaureate or International Baccalaureate.
A.2. Baccalaureate from European Union Member States’ education systems or other countries withinternational agreements.
A.3. Advanced Technician in Vocational Training, Advanced Technician in Plastic Arts and Design orAdvanced Technician in Sports Education, from the Spanish Education System.
A.4.Studies carried out in European Union Member States or in other countries with international reciprocal agreements which meet the academic requirements in those States to access their university studyprogrammes.
A.5. Official Spanish university degrees of Diplomado, Arquitecto Técnico, Ingeniero Técnico, Licenciado, Arquitecto, Ingeniero, Graduado or Máster Universitario.
A.6. Partial (foreign or Spanish) university studies.
Access to Bachelor’s Degree programmes is also possible for:
B.1. People over twenty-five after successfully passing a specific access test.
B.2. People over forty with work or professional experience related to a university field of knowledge.
B.3. People over forty-five after successfully passing a specific access test.
Likewise, access to Bachelor’s Degree programmes is granted to:
C.1. People meeting the requirements to enter university according to the Spanish Education Systemregulations prior to Ley Orgánica 8/2013, of December 9.
In the Spanish university system, modules/courses are graded on a scale of 0 to 10 points with the following qualitative equivalence:
0-4,9: «suspenso»; 5-6,9: «aprobado»; 7-8,9: «notable»; 9-10: «sobresaliente». A special mention, «Matrícula de Honor» may be granted to up to 5% of the students in a group provided they have got a «sobresaliente». To pass a module/course is necessary to get at least 5 points.
In cases of recognition of ECTS, professional experience, cultural or sports activities, or student representation no grading will be recorded but, where appropriate, the word «Apto».
UGR Examination Regulations
More info on academic regulations at: