Academic year: 2021/2022
Type: Bachelor's Degree
Length of programme (full time): 4 AÑOS
Mode of delivery: Face-to-face
Level of qualification: Graduado(a) (MECES level 2 - EQF level 6)
Model of study: Full-time (42-60 ECTS per school year)
Academic Information for mobility students
More info: programme website
Language(s) of instruction Spanish
Name: SERGIO JOSÉ, TORIBIO MARTÍNEZ / sjtoribio@ugrhfaTuue.es
Faculty of Health Sciences (Ceuta Campus) / Ceuta campus
Field(s) of education and training (ISCED-F)
- Nursing and midwifery (0913)
This degree programme qualifies graduates for professional practice in Nursing, according to Section I, Article 7 of Law 44/2003 on the organisation of healthcare professions (22 November 2003).
1. Evaluate the needs and health status of both healthy and ill people as well as of families and communities with a view to identifying current and potential health problems.
2. Plan, direct, and provide continuous comprehensive healthcare to individuals, families, and communities for purposes of health maintenance, recovery, and improvement as well as quality of life. This professional activity will be performed on the basis of the best scientific evidence available and with the levels of quality and safety established in legal regulations and deontological norms.
3. Evaluate the impact of the treatment and care provided, based on health outcomes.
4. Understand the behaviour of people within the context of their physical and psychological characteristics as well as their sociocultural context.
5. Guarantee the respect of opinions, beliefs, and values of the people receiving healthcare, ensuring their right to privacy, confidentiality, and professional secrecy.
6. Promote and respect the patient’s right to participation, information, and autonomy.
7. Know and apply theoretical and methodological foundations and principles of nursing.
8. Foment self-care and healthy life styles by promoting behaviours that maintain or improve health.
9. Protect the health and well-being of individuals, family and groups by guaranteeing their safety.
10. Establish effective communication with patients, family, communities and other healthcare professionals.
11. Be familiar with the ethical and deontological code for nursing in Spain, including the ethical implications of health interventions.
12. Know the principles of health management, financing, and information, and effectively use available resources.
13. Work in a multidisciplinary team.
14. Adapt measures that provide comfort, better quality of life, and the alleviation of suffering for terminal patients and their families.
Name of title awarded in original language
Graduado o Graduada en Enfermería
– The student must prove the level B1, in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
– The student has to complete the ECTS credits of the study program distributed as follows:
Basic Formation (60 ECTS)
Obligatory (158 ECTS)
Optional (12 ECTS)
Practicum (80 ECTS)
Final degree project (10 ECTS)
Access to a regulated profession
Professional Status Nurse
Applicable regulations The profession of nurse is regulated in the Resolution by the Spanish Council of Ministers of 8 February 2008 (published in the Official Spanish Gazette, dated 27 February 2008) Order CIN/2134/2008, dated 3 July, establishes the requirements for the verification of official university degrees that license graduates to practice the profession of nurse.
Access to Bachelor’s Degree programmes is granted to students with the following degrees/ diplomas or studies, or any other recognized as equivalent to these:
A.1. Spanish Bachiller, European Baccalaureate or International Baccalaureate.
A.2. Baccalaureate from European Union Member States’ education systems or other countries withinternational agreements.
A.3. Advanced Technician in Vocational Training, Advanced Technician in Plastic Arts and Design orAdvanced Technician in Sports Education, from the Spanish Education System.
A.4.Studies carried out in European Union Member States or in other countries with international reciprocal agreements which meet the academic requirements in those States to access their university studyprogrammes.
A.5. Official Spanish university degrees of Diplomado, Arquitecto Técnico, Ingeniero Técnico, Licenciado, Arquitecto, Ingeniero, Graduado or Máster Universitario.
A.6. Partial (foreign or Spanish) university studies.
Access to Bachelor’s Degree programmes is also possible for:
B.1. People over twenty-five after successfully passing a specific access test.
B.2. People over forty with work or professional experience related to a university field of knowledge.
B.3. People over forty-five after successfully passing a specific access test.
Likewise, access to Bachelor’s Degree programmes is granted to:
C.1. People meeting the requirements to enter university according to the Spanish Education Systemregulations prior to Ley Orgánica 8/2013, of December 9.
In the Spanish university system, modules/courses are graded on a scale of 0 to 10 points with the following qualitative equivalence:
0-4,9: «suspenso»; 5-6,9: «aprobado»; 7-8,9: «notable»; 9-10: «sobresaliente». A special mention, «Matrícula de Honor» may be granted to up to 5% of the students in a group provided they have got a «sobresaliente». To pass a module/course is necessary to get at least 5 points.
In cases of recognition of ECTS, professional experience, cultural or sports activities, or student representation no grading will be recorded but, where appropriate, the word «Apto».
UGR Examination Regulations
More info on academic regulations at: