Academic year: 2021/2022
Type: Double Bachelor's Degree (PCEOG)
ECTS Credits: 300
Length of programme (full time): 5 YEARS
Mode of delivery: Face-to-face
Model of study: Full-time (42-60 ECTS per school year)
Academic Information for mobility students
Language(s) of instruction Spanish
More info: programme website
Name: LORENZA, LÓPEZ MORENO / llopezmaTyu3ip@ugr.es
Faculty of Economics and Business / Granada campus
Faculty of Translation and Interpreting / Granada campus
Field(s) of education and training (ISCED-F)
- Languages, not elsewhere classified (0239)
This degree qualifies holders to practise professional translation and liaison interpreting in different settings. Graduates can also use the linguistic, cultural, legal, economic, scientific, and technical knowledge acquired to work in contexts related to publishing, lexicography, terminology, and teaching.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism provides graduates with an in-depth knowledge of tourist activity, its evolution, its rapid and continuous transformation, and its new challenges, such as higher quality requirements, growing levels of competitiveness and internationalization, and sustainability demands.
Graduates will be able to engage in professional practice related to tourist business management as well as tourism planning, and marketing. They will be able to work at general levels of an organisation as well as in any of its specific functional areas. For this purpose, they will apply their knowledge of the current tourism situation in regard to markets, companies, organisations, destinations, and products.
Graduates will also be familiar with decision-making instruments within their professional context. This technical specialisation permits them to manage companies and tourism institutions for the development of competitive advantages in relation to products and destinations.
This degree also makes it possible to generate more specialized profiles that envisage the needs of business management as well as the management of collective aspects related to the exploitation of natural and cultural resources for purposes of tourism.
1. Master the Spanish language and two foreign languages and have an in-depth knowledge of the language cultures.
2. Interpret, translate, and revise a wide range of text and discourse types in various knowledge areas in the working languages.
3. Apply techniques of liaison interpreting, note taking, and sight translation.
4. Apply the theoretical and practical knowledge acquired to professional contexts of linguistic and cultural mediation, editing, lexicography, terminology, and teaching.
5. Use computer tools and applications related to document search, computer-assisted translation, terminology management, and localization.
6. Know the metalanguage and history of translation as well as recent trends and tendencies in the discipline.
7. Know the professional and economic aspects of translation and interpreting.
8. Apply quality standards and ethical principles to professional practise in the field.
1. Ability to manage a tourist destination or company.
2. Ability to promote, market, and plan tourist activities at the tourist destination or in a company as a whole, as well as in any of its functional areas.
3. Understanding of the principles of tourism as well as its spatial, social, cultural, political, occupational, and economic dimensions, which is conducive to effective heritage, territorial, and business management.
4. Ability to plan the tourist exploitation of natural, cultural and other resources in accordance with principles of socioeconomic and environmental sustainability.
5. Ability to manage tourist customer-oriented organisations, based on the use of information and communication technologies and languages.
– The student has to complete the ECTS credits of the study program distributed as follows:
Basic Formation (114 ECTS)
Obligatory (244 ECTS)
Practicum (12 ECTS)
Final degree project (12 ECTS)
Access to Bachelor’s Degree programmes is granted to students with the following degrees/ diplomas or studies, or any other recognized as equivalent to these:
A.1. Spanish Bachiller, European Baccalaureate or International Baccalaureate.
A.2. Baccalaureate from European Union Member States’ education systems or other countries withinternational agreements.
A.3. Advanced Technician in Vocational Training, Advanced Technician in Plastic Arts and Design orAdvanced Technician in Sports Education, from the Spanish Education System.
A.4.Studies carried out in European Union Member States or in other countries with international reciprocal agreements which meet the academic requirements in those States to access their university studyprogrammes.
A.5. Official Spanish university degrees of Diplomado, Arquitecto Técnico, Ingeniero Técnico, Licenciado, Arquitecto, Ingeniero, Graduado or Máster Universitario.
A.6. Partial (foreign or Spanish) university studies.
Access to Bachelor’s Degree programmes is also possible for:
B.1. People over twenty-five after successfully passing a specific access test.
B.2. People over forty with work or professional experience related to a university field of knowledge.
B.3. People over forty-five after successfully passing a specific access test.
Likewise, access to Bachelor’s Degree programmes is granted to:
C.1. People meeting the requirements to enter university according to the Spanish Education Systemregulations prior to Ley Orgánica 8/2013, of December 9.
In the Spanish university system, modules/courses are graded on a scale of 0 to 10 points with the following qualitative equivalence:
0-4,9: «suspenso»; 5-6,9: «aprobado»; 7-8,9: «notable»; 9-10: «sobresaliente». A special mention, «Matrícula de Honor» may be granted to up to 5% of the students in a group provided they have got a «sobresaliente». To pass a module/course is necessary to get at least 5 points.
In cases of recognition of ECTS, professional experience, cultural or sports activities, or student representation no grading will be recorded but, where appropriate, the word «Apto».
UGR Examination Regulations
More info on academic regulations at:
Use this form to provide suggestions or to report any errors or problems concerning the UGRCat website.