Academic year: 2021/2022
Type: Bachelor's Degree
Length of programme (full time): 4 AÑOS
Mode of delivery: Face-to-face
Level of qualification: Graduado(a) (MECES level 2 - EQF level 6)
Model of study: Full-time (42-60 ECTS per school year)
Academic Information for mobility students
More info: programme website
Language(s) of instruction Spanish
Name: ANTONIO, GONZÁLEZ VÁZQUEZ / agv@ugg3WYZUGrzOQYr.es
Field(s) of education and training (ISCED-F)
- Education, not elsewhere classified (0119)
This degree programme has the following objectives:
1.To provide training that allows graduates to perform socio-educational intervention and mediation tasks in different contexts through learning experiences aimed at the acquisition of essential knowledge, skills, abilities, and attitudes for professional development.
2. To provide basic, general, theoretical, and practical training and the necessary competences for access to postgraduate studies.
3. To qualify students for professional practice, oriented toward:
(a) Respect for fundamental rights and equality between men and women.
(b) Respect and support of human rights by fostering principles of accessibility and rights for all.
(c) A culture of peace and democratic values.
(d) Commitment to the ethical and deontological principles of the profession of social educator.
1. Know and critically understand the basic theoretical and methodological premises that support socio-educational processes from a pedagogical, sociological, and psychological perspective. Graduates will have an excellent grasp of the legislative framework that permits, orients, and legitimises the activity of social educators.
2. Analyse, know, and understand the social and historical functions of social educators as well as the changing characteristics of institutions and organisations in which their work is carried out with a view to building and defining their professional field and identity.
3. Identify, diagnose, and analyse the factors and processes that intervene in socio-educational reality so as to understand their complexity and orient action accordingly.
4. Design, plan, manage, develop, and evaluate different socio-educational resources and programmes of social participation and development in all relevant contexts.
5. Direct, manage, and coordinate socio-educational organisations, centres, and institutions, depending on the characteristics of each context.
6. Mediate and intervene by advising, accompanying, and promoting socio-personal autonomy and development of groups and people.
7. Assume the ethical commitment required by the profession to fight against the new forms of exclusion typical of the knowledge society.
Name of title awarded in original language
Graduado o Graduada en Educación Social por la Universidad de Granada
– The student must prove the level B1, in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
– The student has to complete the ECTS credits of the study program distributed as follows:
Basic Formation (60 ECTS)
Obligatory (114 ECTS)
Optional (60 ECTS)
Practicum (24 ECTS)
Final degree project (6 ECTS)
Access to Bachelor’s Degree programmes is granted to students with the following degrees/ diplomas or studies, or any other recognized as equivalent to these:
A.1. Spanish Bachiller, European Baccalaureate or International Baccalaureate.
A.2. Baccalaureate from European Union Member States’ education systems or other countries withinternational agreements.
A.3. Advanced Technician in Vocational Training, Advanced Technician in Plastic Arts and Design orAdvanced Technician in Sports Education, from the Spanish Education System.
A.4.Studies carried out in European Union Member States or in other countries with international reciprocal agreements which meet the academic requirements in those States to access their university studyprogrammes.
A.5. Official Spanish university degrees of Diplomado, Arquitecto Técnico, Ingeniero Técnico, Licenciado, Arquitecto, Ingeniero, Graduado or Máster Universitario.
A.6. Partial (foreign or Spanish) university studies.
Access to Bachelor’s Degree programmes is also possible for:
B.1. People over twenty-five after successfully passing a specific access test.
B.2. People over forty with work or professional experience related to a university field of knowledge.
B.3. People over forty-five after successfully passing a specific access test.
Likewise, access to Bachelor’s Degree programmes is granted to:
C.1. People meeting the requirements to enter university according to the Spanish Education Systemregulations prior to Ley Orgánica 8/2013, of December 9.
In the Spanish university system, modules/courses are graded on a scale of 0 to 10 points with the following qualitative equivalence:
0-4,9: «suspenso»; 5-6,9: «aprobado»; 7-8,9: «notable»; 9-10: «sobresaliente». A special mention, «Matrícula de Honor» may be granted to up to 5% of the students in a group provided they have got a «sobresaliente». To pass a module/course is necessary to get at least 5 points.
In cases of recognition of ECTS, professional experience, cultural or sports activities, or student representation no grading will be recorded but, where appropriate, the word «Apto».
UGR Examination Regulations
More info on academic regulations at: